Brochure: Online MA Digital Management Part-Time Asia
Last Update: June 2023
DETAILED CURRICULUM & POLICIES
Stay ahead in a rapidly changing digital landscape
This Online MA in Digital Management from Hyper Island is for everyone that aspires to become a digital leader in their chosen industry. Designed in collaboration with industry experts and accredited by Teesside University in the UK, this is a fully global, innovative and interdisciplinary program.
You’ll enhance your understanding of current and emerging trends while developing and sharpening your skills, understanding and knowledge of what it takes to be a world-class digital leader.
You’ll develop core skills in humans or customers, intelligent machines, and leading teams. You will also have the opportunity to develop your capabilities in business transformation, short specialization project, leading innovation initiatives and understanding of emerging technological domains within FinTech and SmartCities.
You’ll be able to think like an entrepreneur and work strategically as an agent of change within organizations.
Total programme credits
180 (90 ECTS credits)
This program lasts 18 months and the part-time study mode involves online live session time combined with assignments designed to be completed remotely and within the context of your own workplace – with continual support and inspiration from Hyper Island.
Master’s degree qualification
Successfully complete this program and you’ll receive a Master of Arts Degree in Digital Management – a qualification recognized worldwide. This program has been designed in partnership with, and accredited by, Teesside University in the UK.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma with 3-5 years of work experience;
- English 6.5 (IELTS) if your native medium of instruction is not English;
- Approval from your employer to release you for study days and support for your study during the course.
What will you learn
Designed for busy professionals
As a graduate of this program, you will be equipped with the skills and tools you can use at work. You’ll be unafraid to innovate and change the rules to find ways to adapt and manage change to remain relevant and successful.
This program has 6 modules and one independent research project. Industry experts lead the practical projects and you will learn through a range of interactive talks, hands-on workshops, team challenges and deep reflection.
Hyper Island methodology
Our methodology focuses on the why as much as the ‘how’ and the ‘what’, and champions team collaboration over individual effort. We aim to challenge participants to grow personally and professionally through new ways of thinking and learning:
- You’ll practice ‘learning-by-doing’ and use reflection as an active learning tool. Through regular feedback, you will master self-leadership and enhance your ability to work effectively as a team member and leader;
- You’ll learn how to create and manage effective teams, navigate group dynamics, and develop your skills in project management and leadership;
- You’ll be challenged to create solutions to real-world problems, practicing techniques of idea generation and business transformation;
- All course content is designed to meet the needs of today’s industry and is delivered by industry professionals.
What to expect
This is a highly rewarding master’s program with part of your learning at our Singapore campus followed by work-based application. The final project will be the delivery of a large piece of work, the Industry Research Project (the equivalent of a traditional MA dissertation). It can be demanding, yet incredibly rewarding. Through Masters-level work and research, you will develop critical thinking skills to approach problems in innovative ways and become an authority in a particular area.
It might be an intense program, but we are also aware of the need to create a positive environment. We provide you the support to ensure that this journey is enjoyable for you. This can involve exciting collaborations with agencies, festivals, and creatives. And of course, every cohort will find its own fun things to do: dinners, and drinks and collaborations! Find out more about the various start-ups that have emerged from Hyper Island.
Many people come to study at Hyper Island because they’re looking for something different, a new way of learning and of thinking about the industry in which they work. In such a challenging and culturally rich environment, you can expect to have your views and assumptions about the world challenged. Through deep reflection and effective feedback, you can learn more about the way you learn, what effect you have on others, and how you might work more effectively alone, with individuals, and in teams. Hyper Island graduates leave with the skills and experience to act as agents of change in the workplace. In whatever field you choose to work, the knowledge, openness, and self-confidence that you acquire at Hyper Island will prepare you well for achieving excellence and lifelong learning.
10 reasons to join this program
- Get a master’s degree without leaving your job.
- Learn practical tools that you can apply at work. Drive real-time transformation in your organization.
- Work on real projects and gain new international and Asian perspectives.
- Look beyond the hype and learn how to develop your unique point of view of change and digital.
- Stay up to date. The program is designed and delivered in partnership with industry professionals.
- Be part of a supportive learning culture where you challenge and question traditional ways of thinking.
- Learn from others with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
- Try things out rather than simply sitting back and listening.
- Seize the opportunity to tailor the program to meet your personal interests and career needs.
- Learn in a highly enjoyable environment.