Agile Ways of WorkingSGSH2235
Solve business challenges and get more done
"Is Agile right for my work and my non-technical team?" In this course, you will learn what it means to have an agile mindset, practice running an Agile team to solve business problems and reflect on how it could fit your teams as you transform.
🌟 What will you learn?
At the end of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the value of Agile and the different methodologies of Agile
- Describe the high-level changes necessary to implement Agile ways of working
- Outline iterative, lean or other experimental methodologies
- Select appropriate tools to help implement iterative, lean or other experimental methodologies
🎯 Course Schedule
DAY 1 - Fundamentals of the Agile Mindset
We will begin the day by taking you through what it means to work in Agile teams. You will then hit the ground running by working in Agile teams to identify business problems and create your own start-up.
By the end of Day 1, you will have learnt:
- The Roles and mindset of a SCRUM Master
- Using Agile to reduce uncertainty in business planning
- Applying Lean Methodology to a start-up idea
DAY 2- Running an Agile Team
Applying what you've learnt in Day 1, you will be thrown into the deep end by working in agile teams to answer a client brief. This day is about reinforcing the agile mindset in your way of working.
By Day 2, you will have learnt:
- Using the Kanban Board to prioritise and distribute teamwork
- Reinforcing iterative delivery in a team
- Defining "Done" while working in Agile
- Reflecting and gaining insights on how to bring Agile ways of working back to your workplace
“If you’re looking for a corporate partner in professional training and development, workforce up-skilling and executive education, we offer in-house corporate education for businesses and teams. Book a call if you’d like to discuss your corporate training initiatives or ambitions.”
Selected programmes are accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles. Find out more on www.ibf.org.sg
Singaporeans can utilise SkillsFuture credit for selected courses. Learn more on how to use your SkillsFuture credit.
At Hyper Island, we believe in "Telling less & Doing more" Hyper Island Learning Experiences are highly interactive and engaging. We let you try things by yourself, work in small group breakout sessions. There will be lots of opportunities to ask questions and engage with the 3 facilitators in the 2 days.
Our Learning experiences help participants learn transferable skills that can be directly applied to their own workplace and career. We will draw on current and emerging international, local & Asian perspectives and case studies; and help participants consider the legal, social and ethical issues involved.