Agile Making & Prototyping
Both startups and traditional companies need to find ways to become faster, more entrepreneurial, more nimble and more experimental if they are to respond to changing customer needs and compete with the powerful digital disruptors in every industry.
This module combines two powerful ideas: bringing ideas to life and agile development processes that test early prototypes with real customers and iterate towards products and services.
This aim of this module is about making things in teams fast, ready to test with customers, learning from tests and iteratively improving. You will learn the principles of agile development and have opportunities to consider how these techniques can be applied back in your own professional contexts.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
● Critically evaluate recent and emerging thinking in agile management and iterative prototyping approaches to tackling business challenges.
● Apply agile principles, processes and techniques and effectively use prototyping tools and methods
● Collaborate effectively in a team on solving a range of business challenges using iterative agile and prototyping tools and techniques.
● Demonstrate ability to autonomously adapt and operate ethically in complex and unpredictable, possibly specialised agile problem solving situations and when prototyping solutions to business and professional challenges
● Identify possible positive and negative outcomes in using agile approaches and prototyping tools and techniques and able to work with others to formulate solutions
This advanced course is part of the Hyper Island Master's Programme but it does not give you a Master's Degree. If you're looking for a more complete experience - come join our next crew!
IBF Accredited Module. Subsidies for Singaporeans and Permanent Residents Available.
“If you’re looking for a corporate partner in professional training and development, workforce up-skilling and executive education, we offer in-house corporate education for businesses and teams. Book a call if you’d like to discuss your corporate training initiatives or ambitions.”
Selected programmes are accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met. Candidates are advised to assess the suitability of the programme and its relevance to participants’ business activities or job roles. Find out more on www.ibf.org.sg
Singaporeans can utilise SkillsFuture credit for selected courses. Learn more on how to use your SkillsFuture credit.
At Hyper Island, we believe in "Telling less & Doing more" Hyper Island Learning Experiences are highly interactive and engaging. We let you try things by yourself, work in small group breakout sessions. There will be lots of opportunities to ask questions and engage with the 3 facilitators in the 2 days.
Our Learning experiences help participants learn transferable skills that can be directly applied to their own workplace and career. We will draw on current and emerging international, local & Asian perspectives and case studies; and help participants consider the legal, social and ethical issues involved.